If this is an emergency, please call 911 immediately.
This online police report service enables you to submit, at no charge, a non-emergency report immediately. Please review and check all boxes that apply before submitting your report. We understand your needs and created this service to provide a direct and timely method to report a crime. If you require assistance, please call our Communications Center at (352) 955-1818 and press 0. You can also call the Gainesville Police Department directly at (352) 393-7500.
Please read each item carefully before clicking on the "I Agree" button below.
- This is NOT an Emergency.
- The incident you are reporting occurred within the Gainesville Florida City limits.
- The identity or name of the person that may have committed the offense you are reporting is NOT known. You will need to contact the Combined Communications Center at (352) 955-1818 and press 0 if you know the identity of the person that may have committed the offense or incident you are reporting.
- The incident or crime you are reporting has no possibility of injury or harm occurring to you or someone else.
- The incident or crime you are reporting has no definable suspect, no crime scene that could contain evidence or the possibility of injury or harm occurring to you or someone else.
- The incident or offense you are reporting does NOT involve any firearm or gun. You will need to contact the Combined Communications Center at (352) 955-1818 and press 0. if the incident or offense you are reporting involved any use, possession, theft, discharge, or display of a firearm or gun.
- By clicking below, I am confirming that the above statements are true to the best of my knowledge and that I understand it is a crime to make a false or fraudulent police report pursuant Florida Statute 837.05. If all of the above statements apply to your case and you acknowledge it’s a crime to file a false report, then you are ready to file your report online.
Please Note: All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting Service will be reviewed. Reports submitted on the weekend will be reviewed the following Monday. Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted for additional information.
Filing a false police report is a crime.
Gainesville Florida Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System will assist you with reporting the following incidents:
- Criminal Mischief (Vandalism)- excluding ones which would classify as a hate crime, as defined by FSS 87.19
- Damaged, Lost Property - does not qualify for reported traffic crashes where other driver is known. Traffic crashes where all parties are known will need to be reported to DHSMV (you can access that link on the main online reporting page.
- Fraudulent Use Of a Credit Card - where the victim is still in possession of the credit card and usage occurred outside of Alachua County; OR the credit card is lost and the usage is under $100
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Pre-Paid Credit / Debit Card Scam – where victim did not have face to face contact with suspect
- Theft - excluding firearms, hazardous material, medication. Fair market value cannot exceed $1000 (Exception: all bicycles may be reported)
- Identity Theft
- Retail Theft
I Agree - File Online Report