Your Information Could Help Solve Crime!


  •  Text-A-Tip
  •  Submit a Web Tip
  •  By Phone

Please do NOT use the text service for any IN PROGRESS incidents!  The system is not monitored 24/7.

What type of information should I relay to GPD using Text Tips?

  • Any NON-URGENT illegal activity, such as:
  • Unsolved cases
  • Vandalism
  • Theft
  • Drug Sales
  • Information about crimes being planned in the community


Text "GPDFL" plus your tip to 274637 (CRIMES)
Text STOP to 274637 to cancel.  Text HELP to 274637 for help.
Message and Data Rates May Apply

Learn about TipSoft Mobile for Apple and Android

*GPD's text message is powered by Tipsoft and allows Gainesville residents and GPD to have a two-way diolog that is COMPLETELY secure and anonymous.  The system encrypts the text messages, assigns them a unique ID and routes them through secure servers, protecting the personal details of the tipster.

You can provide anonymous information over the Internet.

Click here to open the Web Tip Submission Form.

Call 352-393-7700

Callers are encouraged to leave their phone numbers but may choose to leave information anonymously. 

Telephone calls received on the TIP LINE are answered by Criminal Investigations Division personnel. Once the information is obtained, it is distributed to the proper Detective, according to established procedures. In some instances, criminal investigations may be initiated from this information. In all cases, the information received will be thoroughly evaluated by the appropriate division. 

After the information is taken, if the caller requests a reward, a code name and number are assigned to the caller. Cash rewards are given for information that solves a crime or leads to an arrest. 

The TIP LINE should be used to report information concerning: 

  • Murder 
  • Rape 
  • Robbery 
  • Auto Theft 
  • Burglary 
  • Arson 
  • And other serious crimes 

The TIP LINE should not be used to report minor incidents such as abandoned vehicles, loud music or other calls of similar nature.

Narcotics information should be reported directly to our Special Investigations Division.